Training + Events
You don’t have to be an emergency room nurse or a social worker to benefit from trauma-informed training. Parents, community volunteers, teachers – anyone is welcome to attend our trainings. It’s offered in a variety of settings and styles, so choose the one that is right for you.
If you’d like us to come to you and your group, please contact us about opportunities.
- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Care 102
June 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
**For homeless serving agencies who completed TIC 101**
This training focuses on the staff challenges and successes of implementing TIC 101 strategies and how to add new TIC tool kits to your practice!
Participants will acquire these skills and elements of trauma informed care:
- Formulate management of personal nervous system distress in the face of client’s trauma responses
- Further develop personal acute safety/compassion care plans
- Utilize de-escalation strategies to build safety-calming-connectedness in the milieu
- Develop customized concrete processes for healing and recovery
- Apply specific pro-social engagement behaviors to field work
All Homeless Serving Agencies, Employees, and Volunteers who attended Trauma Informed Care 101.
Add Your Event to Our Calendar
Is your organization planning to host a training about trauma and resilience? Add it to our calendar so more people know!
Hosted a training? Add to our goal.
We have an ambitious goal: training 22,000 people to be trauma-informed. This is 5 percent of Omaha’s population and is the beginning of real change in our community. Has your organization hosted a training about trauma and resilience? Let us know how it went!