Training + Events
You don’t have to be an emergency room nurse or a social worker to benefit from trauma-informed training. Parents, community volunteers, teachers – anyone is welcome to attend our trainings. It’s offered in a variety of settings and styles, so choose the one that is right for you.
If you’d like us to come to you and your group, please contact us about opportunities.
- This event has passed.
Trauma and Resiliency in Families
June 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The purpose of this training is to provide child welfare professionals with foundational knowledge about trauma and its effect on children and families as well as explore strategies that are trauma-informed in working with populations with a history of trauma.
- Be able to define trauma and describe how it differs from everyday stress
- Learn how to view behaviors and interactions with children and families through a trauma lens
- Identify the impact trauma may have on childhood developmental tasks
- Understand the role of resilience on buffering the effects of traumatic events
- Be able to describe ways they can help children and families experiencing traumatic stress reactions
Add Your Event to Our Calendar
Is your organization planning to host a training about trauma and resilience? Add it to our calendar so more people know!
Hosted a training? Add to our goal.
We have an ambitious goal: training 22,000 people to be trauma-informed. This is 5 percent of Omaha’s population and is the beginning of real change in our community. Has your organization hosted a training about trauma and resilience? Let us know how it went!