Training + Events
You don’t have to be an emergency room nurse or a social worker to benefit from trauma-informed training. Parents, community volunteers, teachers – anyone is welcome to attend our trainings. It’s offered in a variety of settings and styles, so choose the one that is right for you.
If you’d like us to come to you and your group, please contact us about opportunities.
- This event has passed.
Gangs & Youth Violence: Together We Have The Cure
May 17, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This training, delivered by Omaha’s newest youth violence prevention program – YouTurn – provides unique insight into gangs, violence, and Omaha’s highest risk youth. Through presentation, videos, case studies, and panels/Q&A with credible messengers, learn about this important topic and the work YouTurn is doing.
Participants will learn:
- The facts vs. myths of Omaha gangs/highest risk youth
- Insight into the mindset of Omaha’s highest risk youth
- Recommendations on how best to meaningfully engage high risk youth
- How mediation and conflict resolution is used to give youth new skills in addressing youth violence
- YouTurn’s role in addressing gangs and youth violence
Add Your Event to Our Calendar
Is your organization planning to host a training about trauma and resilience? Add it to our calendar so more people know!
Hosted a training? Add to our goal.
We have an ambitious goal: training 22,000 people to be trauma-informed. This is 5 percent of Omaha’s population and is the beginning of real change in our community. Has your organization hosted a training about trauma and resilience? Let us know how it went!